Join this edition of Startup Booster at JEC Korea
A unique competition tailored to find and assess sources of innovation in the Composite field
Startup Booster is the leading startup competition in the world of Composites. It enables companies to find and assess innovations with a potential impact on their industry, as a complement to the project they may are already involved in.
Launched in 2017, Startup Booster has already fostered the emergence of 300+ innovative projects from 30+ countries, 40 finalists and 13 winners.
Startup Booster 2019 Winners
Dou Y’s Chem
Imagine Intelligent Materials
Startup Booster 2019 Finalists
Anisoprint has developed the technology for design and production of optimal composite structures through the new way of continuous fiber 3D printing — Composite Fiber Co-extrusion. We’ve developed 3D printers, materials (carbon, basalt) and software for manufacturing anisoprinted composite parts: stronger, lighter and cheaper than metal or non-optimized composites. Stop metal thinking, start anisoprinting!
DOU Ys’ CHEM (South Korea)
Founded in 2018, Dou Ys’ Chem Co., Ltd. has developed unique dispersion technologies of several nanomaterials, to yield optimal performances. Dou Ys’ is pronounced “Doo-wise” and means the duo of Y’s (the co-founders). Our main business is concerned with quantum dots and cellulose nanofiber.
GRAPHY (South Korea)
Graphy Inc. is specialized in 3D printing based technology which is an important element of the 4th industrial revolution as well as new material and medical convergence technology. We have developed and manufactured 3D printing new materials (photocurable resin) S Plastic, Tera Harz. We are in the unique position in these business fields in Korea and have been recognized by the world. In particular, we export our materials all over the world selected by the world’s largest chemical company as an official partner in the 3D printer material business. We have already singed NDA and supply contracts with leading companies in the world and aim to be the world’s largest company in the material business.
IMAGINE INTELLIGENT MATERIALS (Australia)
Imagine envisions a world where every surface is the industrial equivalent of skin. Our sensing solutions deliver valuable data from large surface areas in buildings, infrastructure and logistics and can be manufactured at scale. These integrate Imagine’s proprietary conductive graphene together with Imagine’s signals processing expertise in hardware and software.
MIGHTYM (South Korea)
MIGHTYM is a startup specialized in manufacturing CFRP based on industrial design. By designing precisely with 3D modeling and 3D printing, we are producing CFRP products with our own technology. We have successfully commercialized our technology by designing and manufacturing motorcycle CFRP products and luxury CFRP bags.
NODIS SMART GLASS (Singapore)
Nodis provides the technology to transform windows. Controlling natural light into buildings is essential for our comfort in buildings and the energy efficiency of buildings. Nodis was founded in 2015 to transform how we use sunlight in lighting and heating buildings and creating comfortable, energy efficient environments. Nodis’ TruTint smart glass technology is transforming windows, giving people the ability to change the tint, color and temperature characteristics of windows instantly.Buildings consume 40% of a city’s energy and generate 45% of a its Co2 emissions. The result: TruTint windows reduce electricity usage and GHG emissions by 40% and energy costs in a large building by $1M per year.
PIQUANT (South Korea)
PiQuant makes component detecting sensors and devices using light.
The sensors can measure any substances up to a molecular unit regardless of the form of solid, liquid, and even gas. The strong point is non-contact and non-destructive, so the target does not need to be damaged. Most of all, it is small and affordable enough, so that anyone can use it anytime, and anywhere. PiQuant Dreams of A World where Everyone Does Quantitative Analysis with Spectroscopic Sensor in Their Everyday Lives
Lightweight composite solutions are enablers for future mobility. With Plyable we allow our customers to go from CAD to component automatically.
We have used the latest in AI and machine learning technology to create a proprietary software that automates the design and manufacture of composite tooling. All the user needs to do is drag and drop component CAD data onto the website.
ST ADVANCED COMPOSITES (India)
ST Advanced Composites Pvt Ltd (STAC) is an Indian start-up focused on composite product development in terms of performance and innovative technologies. With the team wide knowledge and skills in the field of composites, STAC is a full-service composites manufacturer providing engineered composite products for various industries. Currently this company has a wide knowledge on developing advanced and hybrid composites materials products and has reached nationwide with the quality of their products. In JEC Asia 2019, We would like to introduce our one of the innovative material to the composites community.
UDERIVE (South Korea)
UDerive studied how to produce new composites in a new way consistently as UDNANO. Meaningful products which can reduce the consumption of existing resources and save energy was our goal. This effort led to new raw materials, composites, and products. We hope that these will be useful in the right places to benefit our customers, nature, and humanity.
The competition is open to entrepreneurs with innovative projects, SMEs and academic spinoffs, in 2 categories:
- Industry 4.0, Smart industry
- New composite materials, including hybrid materials and IoT
- New application markets for composites
A win-win Program
- A business acceleration with the chance to reach key decision makers of the Asia pacific composites community and to find industry partners and customers
- An increase of your brand awareness amongst the key players of the Asia Pacific industry
- A visibility amongst the 100,000+ members of JEC Group community
For Corporations / Industry:
- Find and assess innovative, specialized composite startups that can have an impact on their business (process- or product-wise)
- Take inspiration from a new generation of entrepreneurs from Asia Pacific
- Position your brand with a successful program
- Grow your network with universities, R&T and R&D centers, clusters, associations, industries and media from Asia Pacific
The 10 finalists will benefit from:
- A Pitching Session in front of a jury of experts and leading industry players during JEC Korea 2020
- Registrations to JEC Korea 2020
- Exhibition space in the Innovation Area
- Online Visibility through a dedicated communication plan (website, press release, emailing and social media)
- A personal coaching for the pitch before the show
- A direct access to the jury members
- An access to Business Meetings platform, technical conferences program, VIP networking events and Composites Tour (if available)
Out of the 10 finalists, the jury will select three winners, at the show after the pitch session, that will get the following:
- Gold Winner: Registration to JEC World 2021 + Travel (up to 2,000€) + Accommodation (3 nights) + Fast-track as finalist of Startup Booster at JEC World 2021 + Booth in the Startup Village
- Silver Winner: Registration to JEC World 2021 + Accommodation (3 nights) + Booth in the Startup Village
- Bronze Winner: Registration to JEC World 2021 + Booth in the Startup Village
The competition features a strong jury composed of experts from international groups and companies involved in innovative materials.
Members of the jury of Startup Booster at JEC Korea 2020 will be announced during Summer